Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Book Review - Out of Oz by Gregory Maguire

I recently finished Out of Oz, the fourth and final book in Gregory Maguire's Wicked Years series.  When I first heard about Wicked, I was excited to read it.  I tend to enjoy well known stories told from the "other" point of view.  (see True-Story-Three-Little-Pigs).  Plus, after growing up in Kansas, I get enough "not in Kansas anymore" jokes, so I figure I should soak up as much Oz-lore as possible.  I really liked Wicked, until the very end, when I just thought "that's all?"  There was so much MORE that could have been included.  So, when the next 2 books came out, I read them, thinking/hoping that more things would be resolved.  Each book made me more annoyed.  You are probably wondering why I even bothered to read Out of Oz.  I probably shouldn't have read it, but there was just so much potential for these books to be really great! 

Long story short:  skip the books, go see the Broadway version of Wicked.  It's really, really great. 

1 comment:

  1. I found it really good book to read, I need to get all the copies and give it a look, hope it will be worth spending time. Thank you for sharing it with us

    ReplyDelete