Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

EBEW: Sequins + Sparkles

 



If you are thinking I wore this skirt last Tuesday, you are correct.  I'm wearing it again for the Everybody, Everywear Sequins and Sparkles challenge.  Also, I love this skirt, so I'm happy to have an excuse to wear it again this week.

Most of my pictures are taken after work, and you can totally tell that I am not quite awake in this picture.   

I took inspiration from my gold skirt, and decided to pull out some of my yellow gold jewelry that I hardly ever wear.  These 3 pieces were all gifts from my parents when I was in high school:

Pearl Ring:  birthday present when I turned 16, I think.  My mom found this really cool ring at one of the mall jewelry stores, but it turned my finger green, even though they said it was 14kt gold.  So, we returned it, and went to a different store, where I picked out this one.  I love this one, too, but I wish the other one would have worked, since my mom picked it out for me.

Opal necklace:  present on my 18th birthday.  Opal is my birthstone, and my mom picked this style, which I really love.  I think I wore this necklace almost every day for about 4 or 5 years.  I've been thinking I should get a longer chain for it.

Hebrew Name necklace:  my dad got this for me on a trip to Israel.  I just put my name into Google translator, and the necklace is correct.  Wouldn't that be embarrassing if I was wearing a Hebrew necklace all these years that said "stupid American" or something??  I do think it is backwards in this picture, so that's probably embarrassing enough.

Skirt: Gap
Shirt: handmade
Cardigan:  Merona from Target
Boots: Bare Traps from DSW
Leggings: can't remember, but they are really great, so I wish I knew where they were from!

3 comments:

  1. I love that skirt too, so I can't blame you! And that's a really pretty necklace!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sparkly skirt and leopard print top. Lovely!

    Cheers,
    Cathy@A Guide to Find the Perfect Scrub Pants for You

    ReplyDelete