Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

EBEW: Black & White



One of my favorite things about blogging is the link ups and challenges that come around.  Everybody Everywhere is just one of these, and I love it!  This month's theme is Black and White.  The announcement post was titled "It's Black, It's White", and I have had the Michael Jackson song stuck in my head ever since.  I was in 1st grade when that music video premiered, and it was the biggest deal ever.  I don't know why all the 7-year-olds cared, but anyone who was anyone watched that premier and was talking about it on the playground the next day.  We even had a Michael Jackson Impersonation contest with moon-walking and all.  That was my last year in public school, although switching was unrelated to the MJ contest.  

Yesterday, I dug through my closet and laid all of my black and white options out on the bed.  This dress caught my eye, because I love the print and haven't worn it yet.  It was $14 at Ann Taylor (on the same day I bought this dress).  It is a halter, and very body-con, so I either need to tone up or invest in some more effective Spanx before I can wear it alone.  Maybe this summer!  Anyway, it works as a pretty cute skirt for now.   


Sweater:  Gap
Jacket: Relativity
Skirt (really a dress):  Ann Taylor
Belt:  Old Navy
Tights:  Target
Boots:  Target

3 comments:

  1. Oooooh that skirt is great, even if it is a dress:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the intro to EBEW! I just picked up a great black and white "dalmation" sweater on clearance at Old Navy that totally fits the theme. Now to figure out some fun ways to style it!

    And I totally recall the same hoopla over the "Black or White" video! It cracks me up that my third graders ask me to play my "Thriller" CD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Absolutely love your skirt! Very pretty and your top and blazer are both flattering too. Great choice for black and white combo, eh.

    Cheers,
    Cathy@The Cheap Scrubs Pockets Galore

    ReplyDelete