Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Closet Ultimatum #2-3 - White Skirt and Printed Top




This outfit is a 2-for-1 closet ultimatum deal!  I know that 2 wrongs don't make a right, but I was hoping that 2 closet orphans might make an outfit.

Top:  this is from Ann Taylor a few summers ago.  I think I wore it quite a bit that first summer, but it has mostly been forgotten in my closet since then.  I really love the print, but I think the black border on the top just lays funny on me.  I would say I love this shirt, but I'm not "in love" with it.  When I got home from work, I wondered if a different skirt would make a difference, so I grabbed my trusty black pencil skirt.  I don't know.  I'm still not convinced I should keep it  What do you think?


Old Navy Skirt, Loft flats


Skirt:  I got this at the BR outlet in Kansas City in the spring of 2011.  I'd had a white A-line skirt from Gap, that I bought for my high school graduation reception.  That skirt was fantastic, but it was starting to look a little worse for the wear, so I bought this one, and got rid of the old Gap one.  It didn't take long for me to decide this was a mistake.  The Gap skirt was just way more flattering.  I think the gathers on this skirt makes me look bigger and I don't need that at all!  I've actually worn this skirt a few times over the summer, but haven't taken outfit pictures on those days.  Maybe because I don't feel cute in it?  Funnily enough, I actually think it looks pretty good in the pictures.  Naturally, I turned to Pinterest for inspiration and found this picture of Kendi.  So, I pretended it was fall and pulled out my boots and a cable knit sweater, while hoping John wouldn't get home from work while I was in my fall outfit.   It's not quite perfect, but I think there is possibility.
Old Navy sweater, Wanted boots

So, what do you think?  Are either of these keepers, or do they belong in the "sell" pile?

Top: Ann Taylor
Skirt: Banana Republic
Shoes: Born

I'm linking up over here today, as well as the usual places!

4 comments:

  1. Andi, I would keep the shirt it fits well and accentuates your curbs. I also like the skirt but if you don't feel comfortable then sell it to a consignment store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andi!
    I actually like the shirt with the black skirt. It's a really cute top! Anywho, I nominated you for the Liebster Award!!! Be sure to stop by and read my Liebster Award post from today! Wishing you a Fabulous weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they are both keepers! Just not together in the same outfit. ;) I loved when you paired the black top with the black skirt, it was so pretty on you! :) -Mia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to spray cum all over that black skirt

    ReplyDelete