Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Falling for Plaid




This top is one of my favorite new items from the outlet mall trip.  It's from J. Crew, and it has so many great colors in it. I'm already planning to wear it with at least 4 different cardigans!  The weather has finally dipped back down into reasonable temperatures, so I jumped at the chance to wear jeans and a new shirt.  I played off the different colors with my accessories, and I really like the casual vibe.

When I got home from work, John said "Oh, you're wearing a man shirt!  It still looks nice!"  Just the vote of confidence I was looking for!

Speaking of plaid, I tend to shy away from plaid, and pleats, and polos, because I got my fill of those styles back in my school days.  Just in case you are imagining the kind of cute uniforms with the short skirts, here's some evidence to prove it wasn't cute.  (Please excuse the poor quality!  It's a picture of a picture.)

The sombrero was not part of the standard uniform.  This was at the end of my senior year, when we had an assembly to honor students for various things.  I got the award for Spanish student of the year (AKA "Most Likely to Still Speak Spanish in 10 years").  This was "el mistake-o", as I have forgotten almost everything I learned in Spanish classes.

Top: J.Crew
Jeans: Jessica Simpson
Shoes: Gap
Purse:  thrifted and refashioned Liz Claiborne
Sunglasses:  Fossil

1 comment:

  1. I love the plaid, Sadly, I've never been able to pull it off. :(

    ReplyDelete