Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Winning!


 


I was recently given the Liebster Blog Award by TWO other bloggers; Helen over at Dieting Fashions and Dayi at Dayi's Sense of Style.  I'm so excited that they both thought of me, and think it's so cool that these blog awards are floating around.  It reminds me of the chain emails I used to get in high school, but I think it is fun and a great way to find new blogs.  I was given this award back in January, but the rules were different, so I'm going to go ahead and do this version.

Apparently, the Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning - "Liebster" is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcoming.

Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs!

11 things about me:  
  1. I'm a pastor's daughter.  People find this fascinating and always ask me weird questions, trying to figure out if I was super sheltered and if I was really rebellious (no to both questions).  Someone once asked me if I was a big fan of Katy Perry, because she's a pastor's daughter, too (um, no).       
  2. I'm left-handed.   
  3. I can't ride a bike.
  4. I'm a "super taster", which is a nice way of saying I'm a very picky eater. 
  5. I love to sing and dance, but I have exactly zero natural talent.
  6. I still drive the car that my parents bought me when I was 17.  It runs fine, but is getting a little rough around the edges.  I think I have an unreasonable sentimental attachment to it.  I will probably drive it until it the engine falls out!
  7. I went to private school from 2nd grade through high school, and had to wear a very unfortunate looking uniform.  I blame my love of fashion on the ugly uniforms. 
  8. I'm the youngest of 4 children, and will argue that the youngest is not spoiled, but often overlooked!  
  9. As a grown up, I'm pretty tall (5'9"), but I have been this tall since I was about 11 years old.  Being a foot taller than most of my friends in middle school was just a bit awkward. 
  10. My hair is naturally this curly.  This is another thing people frequently ask me about, as if no one else in the whole world has curly hair. 
  11. I think it's silly when people have "I love my husband" or "I love my friends" in their "about me" sections, because I hope you love your husband and your friends!  Then I feel like if I don't put that, everyone will think I don't like my husband or my friends.  So, I'll close with that.  I love my husband!  I love my friends!  I love my family! 

Helen's Questions:
  1. Describe your perfect day.  First thing that popped into my mind was one of the days from our 2010 cruise.  We had breakfast on our balcony, then got off the boat in Tortola, and ventured to Long Bay Beach.  I spent the morning reading on the beach, then we grabbed lunch at the little restaurant there.  In the afternoon, we walked to the other end of the beach.  There were no other people, and there were huge waves, so we played in the ocean for quite awhile.  At the end of the day, we got back on the boat and got dressed up for a fabulous dinner.  That was a good day! 
  2. Would you rather win the lottery or live the way you are now?  If it could be a secret, I would like to win the lottery.  I would not want anyone to know I had a ton of money, because relationships get weird, and random family members would probably come out of the woodwork.  I'd just have to find a sneaky way to do nice things for my friends and family without them being suspicious!  If I can't keep it a secret, I'll just stay with my current life. 
  3. 3 Things you would want if you were on a deserted island.  Hmm, can I have an airplane?  No?  Ok, then I will take a fully stocked RV, a generator, and a gun.  
  4. Top Favorite Book.  This is impossible to narrow down!  I guess The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett or East of Eden by John Steinbeck would be the top.
  5. If you have super powers, what power would that be?  Tele-transportation.  Blogger doesn't think it's a word, but if certain X-men can do it, why not me?
  6. After a stressful day, what do you do to de-stress?  Laughter is the best medicine for stress, maybe a little chocolate and shopping, too! 
  7. What do you fear the most?  This is deep!  I think my biggest fear is that I get too caught up in the daily grind and don't spend enough time on the things that really matter. 
  8. How do you see yourself 10 years from now?  In exactly 10 years, I hope to be on a fabulous vacation (Mediterranean Cruise, anyone?), celebrating 15 years of marriage. 
  9. Do you believe in Love At First Sight?  Nope.
  10. What is your favorite song?  Again, my favorite song ever?  Impossible to answer this question.  I'm going to cheat and say that my favorite musician is Ben Folds.   
  11. What is your favorite type of cuisine?  For every day, pasta is my favorite.  But my favorite for special occasions is a filet mignon and a baked potato!  I'm from Kansas, what can I say?
Dayi's Questions:
  1. In which place would you like to buy/own your dream home? I would love to live near a beach, but I don't think that is likely. 
  2. What kind of music do you enjoy?  Oh, lots of different kinds.  Some of my favorite artists are Ben Folds, Weezer, Regina Spektor, and Guster.  So whatever genre you think they fall into is my favorite! 
  3. What is your favorite pastime?  Probably reading. 
  4. What is your idea of a perfect vacation?  I really love spending all day at the beach, reading a book and playing in the ocean, and then getting dressed up nice for dinner.
  5. Which aspect of blogging do you find most interesting?  I like how it has challenged me to be more creative in my outfit choices, and also what I write about.  It's good to have a creative outlet.  It has also been fun to "meet" other bloggers and get inspiration from what they are doing. 
  6. If you are a book worm or a couch potato, what is your all time favorite movie/TV show/book?  All time favorite?!  That is impossible to answer!  I listed some of my favorite books in the questions from Helen about (#4), so I will say that Waiting for Guffman is one of my favorite movies, because it is hilarious.  For TV shows, I mostly watch them on the Instant Neftlix, so some good ones are Firefly, Friday Night Lights, 30 Rock, How I Met Your Mother, and I'm probably forgetting some others! 
  7. What would you wear on a first date?  My last first date was 6 years ago!  I think I just wore jeans and a cute top.  Nothing too crazy!   
  8. Name a few of your favorite fashion brands.  Gap is my top choice.  I bet half of my wardrobe is from there.  After that, Loft is another favorite, and then it's a mix of random other brands. 
  9. Love, work, family, friends- how do you prioritize them?  I think balance is the most important thing.  I'm at work at least 40 hours a week, so when I am home, I try not to think about work too much.  I'm trying to be a better friend, and make sure to keep in touch and hang out with my friends more often.  
  10. How would you describe your style of dressing? For example, girly, edgy, lady like, Bohemian, casual, sporty, elegant etc.  I think I'm fairly girly, with mostly skirts and dresses. 
  11. Sunshine or snow-flakes?  Usually, sunshine!  I just want it to snow for about 1 week each year, right around Christmas time.

Ok, now I have to think of 11 questions for my nominees to answer!
  1. What's your favorite color?
  2. What's your favorite dessert?
  3. If you had an unlimited budget, where would you go on vacation?
  4. What was the last book you read?
  5. If you could only shop for clothes at one store for the next year, what store would you pick?
  6. What's your favorite app for your smart phone or tablet?
  7. If you could have dinner with a famous person (living or dead), who would you choose and why?
  8. If you could give one piece of advice to yourself 10 years ago, what would you have said?
  9. What's the best present you have ever received?
  10. What's your biggest pet peeve? 
  11. What was the last concert you went to?

11 Nominees
  1. Messy Jess C
  2. Work Clothes, I suppose
  3. Style to Stage
  4. One Two Summer
  5. The Fashionista Vet
  6. J's Style
  7.  Hello, Libby Dear
  8. Dainty and Decadent
  9. Jane Squared
  10. For All Things Lovely
  11. In Residence 

You should definitely go check out these blogs!  Thanks again to Helen and Dayi for nominating me!  

UPDATE:  Just got nominated again, by Libby.   Here are her questions and my answers:


  1. Where are you right now?  sitting at my dining room table
  2. If you won the lottery today, who is the first person you'd call and why?  my husband, because he just won the lottery, too! 
  3. What's on your key ring?  house key, work key and fob, 2 car keys, library card, Herbie Husker, I think that's all
  4. If you could meet one person in your lifetime, past or present, who would it be?  This is such a hard question, and I really don't know.  My mom's dad and my dad's mom both died before I was born, and I really wish I had gotten to meet them, so I will go with that. 
  5. How and where did you meet your best friend?  Well, my husband and my sister are my 2 best friends.  So, I met John at college because he lived on the floor above me in the dorms.  And I met my sister in the hospital right after I was born. 
  6. What was the last place you went on vacation to?  St. Croix was my last real vacation in May. 
  7. What is the first thing you do in the morning when you wake up?  Oh, this is embarrassing.  I usually grab my phone and check facebook before I get out of bed. 
  8. Look to your right, what do you see?  my kitchen
  9. What is your favorite child hood memory?  No idea!  Probably just Christmastime in general.   Going to pick out the tree and then decorating it while we listened to the same Christmas tape every year, and decorating cookies.  I never thought my family had traditions, but we definitely do. 
  10. What is something you can never leave your house without?  Only one thing!  I will say my sunglasses, because I really get a headache if it's too bright outside. 
  11. You're stuck in an elevator for 24 hrs, who would you choose to be stuck with?  This is easy!  I'd pick my husband.  I kind of like him!


3 comments:

  1. Andi,
    I love all your answers it was great getting to know you a little better. I see you and I share curly crazy hair and you're not a fan of Katy Perry just because both of you have pastor parent...lol


    Dayi

    ReplyDelete
  2. so nice to read about you! congrats on the award.
    ~ashy
    thezingofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete