Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

So Long, Sweet Summer

 


Growing up in Kansas, people would often say something like "If you don't like the weather here, just wait 5 minutes and it will change!"  People in Nebraska and Indiana say this, too.  In Waiting for Guffman, the mayor of a small town in Missouri mentions the same saying, but thinks with hard work, he believes they could get that down to 3 or 4 minutes.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is a saying everywhere.  Do people say this in Michigan?  Texas?  South Carolina?  Probably not in Alaska or Hawaii, right?  Is this a saying where you live?  I'm just curious if all the states think their weather is more ridiculous than everywhere else.  We all want to be special, I guess.

I think it is safe to say that summer days are gone for this year.  I really do love the fall, but winter always makes an appearance too soon.  I'm half hoping we have another mild winter, but just harsh enough to kill all the bugs.  We had a very buggy summer and I'm not down with that at all.

Cardigan: Old Navy, dyed by me
Top: Sunset Rd.
Pants: Gap
Shoes: Born

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I know EXACTLY what you mean about the format. I'm happy for Nate because he seems A LOT happier these days but frankly, the music isn't the same level of greatness and its so popular now it makes me feel ill....haha.
    Love your bright colorful top by the way!

    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I just used Rit dye, and it was super easy!
      Here's the post where I explain it: http://just-another-smith.blogspot.com/2012/06/lemon-yellow.html

      Delete
  3. People do say this in Michigan. I thought only people in Michigan said this, and then I moved around the midwest and noticed everyone else saying it. But I maintain that it's more true in Michigan than in other states :)

    Awesome dying job, btw!

    http://ajourneyinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete