Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Budgeting Blogger, Take 2






Take One, Pass It On Item:  tan scarf from last Tuesday's post

I'm linking up with Franish again this month for Budgeting Bloggers.  As I said at the end of January, I am trying to save up my shopping money so I have extra to spend when I go to Phoenix in April.  February was pretty successful in this regard.  I did get a couple dresses, but they were both very reasonably priced, and I am getting rid of several old dresses, so I have some room in my wardrobe.
  1. Limited Striped Dress:  $18 (originally $98)
  2. Kohl's dress (not online, but I found it here):  $6.40 (originally $64) - plus I had a gift card, so it was free.  

Grand Total = $18

Pretty good, I guess!  I'm going to avoid shopping in March, too, and then I will probably go a little overboard in April, but the clothing budget rolls over from month to month, so it is OK!   I am also hoping to clear out quite a bit of my closet in March.  If I haven't worn it all winter, I will probably try to sell it or donate it! 

Did you stick to your budget in February?

Sweater: Old Navy
Scarf: Calvin Klein
Skirt: Gap
Boots: Rampage

6 comments:

  1. That skirt is such a great color, and skirts with buttons up the front are my favorite. I have one similar to this in navy blue, and I adore it. Your scarf is also great! What a versatile shade!

    I have just set a budget for myself (a tentative $50 per month), and linked up with Fran for the first time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your skirt!!!




    haha, but seriously... $18?! Dang, be proud! I thought I was doing awesome spending only $23 up until last week when I splurged on a pair of heels. I'm still undecided as to whether to keep them or return them so I can end the month at a record-low $23. Either way your purchases seem totally justified and that's all that matters, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great buys! Kohl's has some great sales and that dress you found has some really nice colors in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You did great in February! I am afraid I haven't done so well, I won't post mine until the end of the month, because last month I ended up spending money on the 30th and had to redo my post! :(

    Also, thanks so much for telling me I was a "no-reply" person! I didn't even know that and I know how annoying it is when you just want to send a quick email! I think (hope) that I fixed it now, but I really appreciate you pointing it out because no one had ever mentioned it. I wonder how many people I annoyed with that in the last year & a half!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you got a $100 dress for $18? girl teach me your ways! I think saving a bit for your big trip is a smart idea - that'll be so much fun! plus to get out of the snow....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice of well-budgeted clothes! It's amazing how some people can keep up with the trend without blowing their pockets. Good budgeting plan is the key to steer clear of debts, but that doesn't have to mean you'll wear sack and rags. Just keep in control with your money and not the other way around.

    Jaden Allred

    ReplyDelete