Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

March in Review



Great news, everyone!  I was 100% successful at all my goals in March...


April Fool's!*

I wasn't quite 100% successful.  My excuses this month include vacation and trying to get caught up from being on vacation.  Let's see how everything shakes out:

  1. Do a project, mostly sewing - I did sew a new button on a shirt that I wanted to take to consignment, but I don't think that counts.  I'm also about 99% finished with painting an anchor on a sweater, to look like this.  Hopefully it will turn out wearable!     
  2. Work out - I'm calling this a success.  I got a fair amount of exercise on vacation, just from walking all over the place, and even went to the gym on the boat one day!  Since we got back, I've been pretty good about getting to the gym at least 3 times a week.  
  3. Tackle a project around the house - I'm hoping to declutter the house one step at a time.  In March, I was able to clean out my closet, and took a big bag of items to Goodwill, and another stack to consignment.  I still need to tackle the items in my dressers, but I have a good start.  
  4. Cook a "real" meal at least 3 days each week.  Cue some failure music here.  After vacation, I haven't really gotten back into the swing of things with cooking, or like, having groceries on hand to cook.  
  5. Stick to a clothing budget - success!
  6. Read 50 books in the year - March was a good month for reading!  It's amazing how much I can read  on vacation when I am not bothered with things like working.  I read 5 books on vacation and 2 others since we got back.  That puts me at 13 for the year, which means I am right on track to hit 50.
One quarter into the year, and I feel pretty good about everything.  I am definitely doing better this year than I did in 2012!  I think the monthly check-ins are helping keep me accountable, as well as having more specific goals. 

How are you all doing on any resolutions or goals for the year? 

Outfit details:
Button-down shirt: New York & Co
Top: Max Studio (via Marshall's)
Belt: Charming Charlie
Skirt: Old Navy
Shoes: Guess

*I really hate April Fool's Day.  I am just worried all day that I will be tricked somehow, and I don't really see the fun in it, at all. 

3 comments:

  1. Good for you keeping up with your goals. I bet by listing it out on your blog helps keep you accountable. My one thing that I had as a goal for the year was to organize all my recipes in a binder. It just seems so daunting, but I need to do it!

    Congrats on the Witchita State win against the Buckeyes too :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I hate April Fool's Day, too. I am paranoid all day, and I'm super trusting (I refuse to call myself gullible) so it's just all-around stressful for me. Isn't it crazy how vacation can mess with our schedules and routines so much?! I always am so happy to get away for vacation but it takes FOREVER to get back on a schedule!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love April Fool's as a kid, but now I see why my parents would get so annoyed with me. I'd say the most ridiculous things, and always follow it up with "April Fool's!" Congrats on being healthy and sticking to your budget! So cool!

    ReplyDelete