Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans




The weekend was so fun and busy that I didn't even have time to write a Monday blog post about it.  Our friend, Ben, came to visit for the weekend, so we were having crazy adventures all over Omaha, including, but not limited to:
  • Lunch at a never-before-visited restaurant recommended by Urban Spoon.  "GoldeeZ" was set back in a shady-looking strip mall, and the menu featured sections such as "AppetiZers, PiZZa, SandwicheZ, and Soup&Salad."  I'm sort of offended on behalf of Soup & Salad.  Why not "Zoup & Zalad" or "SoupZ and SaladZ" to fit in with the other headings?  We may never know.  Ben has a Z in his last name, so I felt like John and I should pretend to be Zmiths, or SmithZ.
  • Bowling - in which I broke 100 in both games!  I usually fall apart at the end, but I got two strikes in the 10th frame!  (I tried to ignore the fact that the children in the lane next to us were significantly better than me.  10yr old girl rolls a strike - Andi rolls a gutter.  The boy (probably 8 or so) congratulated me when I got my first spare.  They were very polite, and way too good at bowling!)
  • Dinner at my favorite restaurant in town, including my favorite dessert. 
  • Settlers of Catan - not one, but TWO games.  I'm not allowed to say who won both games, so you can come to your own conclusions there.  
  • The first miniature golf of the season!  Sunday brought warmer weather and excessive wind, but mini-golf seemed like a great idea.  I was still in my church clothes, so I ran into some difficulty with my dress and scarf, but we had a great time.  I'm also not allowed to say who won at mini-golf.  Let's just say I managed to get a hole in one on a couple of the holes.  
When I learned that the weather was supposed to be nice again, I took advantage of the opportunity to wear my new favorite dress.  Since my church is pretty casual, I thought a denim jacket and flat shoes would make it less dressy.  I still felt like a very fancy lady.  And then I felt sort of overdressed for mini-golf.  

Dress: Banana Republic Outlet
Scarf: Calvin Klein
Jacket: Izod
Shoes: Target
Purse: Dooney and Bourke (gift)

  

3 comments:

  1. I am horrible at bowling and putt putt, but at least it's fun. Glad you had a good time. I love that dress! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great weekend, Andi! I've heard SO MUCH about Settlers of Catan, but have never played it. We need to find some equally nerdy friends where we live to teach it to us :)

    theoriginalbrynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you say shenanigans. That's what we call them, too! And UrbanSpoon is pretty awesome. My husband and I like to use it to find new restaurants all the time. Although the last place had me in tears over their spicy burgers! :) Glad you enjoyed your weekend!

    ReplyDelete