Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Favorite Quote

Blog Every Day in May is intense, and it's only Day 4!  (and I skipped the Day 2 topic).  Today's topic is Favorite quote (from a person, from a book, etc) and why you love it.

Most of my favorite movie quotes are from ridiculous comedies like Waiting for Guffman ("Why are you whispering?  I'm right here!" and "There's a saying in Missouri, if you don't like the weather just wait five minutes. In Blaine, with hard work, I think we can get that down to three or four minutes.").  Why do I love those quotes?  Well, I don't.  They are just funny.  And I like throwing weird quotes into every day conversation because most people don't notice. 

For today's topic, I figured I should be a little more serious.  Actually, the first quote that popped into my mind was from The Chronicles of Narnia.  I don't remember which book:

Crying is all right in its own way while it lasts. But you have to stop sooner or later, and then you still have to decide what to do. 
― C.S. Lewis

Honestly, I'm a crier.  I wish I wasn't, but I can't help it.  This quote resonated with me, because it reminds me that it is okay to cry when life is hard, but I can't just sit around and cry about it.  Eventually, I need to get myself together and deal with whatever is going on.  It's good to remember.

What is one of your favorite quotes?  

5 comments:

  1. I really like this quote! I'm all about quotes that remind you to keep pushing forward and to do something about your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quote! I'm a crier as well, so you are right that this is a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! my favorite quote of all time is "love all, trust few, do wrong to no one." i try to live my life like this. love the blog girl!








    love, rach.
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I love Waiting for Guffman! Corky St. Clair for life!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Andi! Here is my favorite quote:

    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

    - Albert Einstein

    -Brooke

    ReplyDelete