Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Missing Persons

The whole family - Christmas 2009
Today's BEDIM topic is What do you miss? (a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life...)

This is easy for me to answer - I miss my family!  My parents, siblings, nieces and nephews all live WAY TOO FAR from where I live.  We usually see each other at least once a year, which is never enough, and visits always go too quickly.  I'm so grateful for technology that allows us to stay in touch, but even a FaceTime call isn't the same as being there in person.  It's especially tough with all the kids, because they aren't great phone conversationalists.  Every time I see them, they seem so much older and I feel like I am missing out on all the fun!

I think this picture from 2009 is the last time we got the whole family in one photo.  We need to do a better job of gathering for pictures when we are together!  (this picture also makes me miss having red hair!)

PS - Happy Mother's Day to that lady in the middle!  I wish I could be there to celebrate with you!



No comments:

Post a Comment