Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Story of My Life


What?  Another post today?  Well, I'm playing catch-up on the Blog Every Day in May challenge.  I hadn't heard about it until yesterday, and I think it is an awesome idea.  I already blog almost every day, but this seems like a good chance for me to be a little more interesting (instead of just "I'm wearing a striped dress!  And a belt!  Yay!").  I'll plan on keeping up with outfits, but my text will follow the prompts each day.  

Day 1 - The story of your life in 250 words or less.

I was born on Oct 24, 1984 in a small town in Nebraska with two older sisters and one older brother.  My family moved to Wichita, KS when I was about 8 months old.   
Me and my siblings - 1985?
As a kid, I was smart and outgoing and very, very tall.  I went to a Christian school from 2nd grade through high school.  I went through phases with extracurricular activities, first thinking I was a great singer (I’m not), then thinking basketball was my forte (it wasn’t), and finally realized that organized hobbies aren’t my thing.  I just wanted to be friends with people, so I focused on that!  

Awkward Family Photo - 1994?
For college, I headed back to Nebraska.  Then my parents moved to Indianapolis, where I spent a few summer breaks and holidays.  Sophomore year, I met a boy named John Smith and we quickly became good friends.  About two years later, we realized we should probably get married, so we started dating.  I graduated in December 2006 with a Marketing degree, and started working at a job that I can’t explain in 250 words or less.  John and I got hitched in 2007, and bought a house in 2011.



Over the years, I have accumulated 2 nephews and 4 nieces.  They are hilarious and I love them! 

Most importantly, I’m a Christian.  I don’t go into a lot of detail about my faith on the blog, but I can’t write my life story without including it.     
   

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to have found you. I'm from Nebraska. I'm not a blogger, I just enjoy reading fashion blogs. I have been looking for bloggers from Nebraska! :). I'm enjoying your style!

    ReplyDelete