Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Copycat Swap - Heather from H&K Style Journey

It's time for another copycat swap with one of my favorites!  Heather blogs over at Style Journey with her daughter Kayla.  They are both so sweet and stylish and I absolutely love their mother/daughter remix posts.  Heather and I are swapping blogs today and re-interpreting outfits from each other.

************************

Hello Just Another Smith readers!  I am Heather from the Mother/Daughter blog Style Journey.   I share a blog with my recently high school graduated daughter Kayla. We do a weekly Mother/Daughter Remix showcasing an item remixed different ways to suit all age ranges as well as showing current trends.  With Kayla graduating and probably posting less frequently, I thought it was about time to dabble in some other fun things out in the blog world.  In comes Andi!

We thought it would be fun to do a blog swap and style some outfits based on each other's looks from each other's blogs.  I first found Andi's blog through a blog hop (but I can't remember which one), but as soon as I found her blog, I knew that I loved her style and the things she writes about in her posts.  For one thing, her curly hair is envious, she posted about being nice, and she is great with colors and pattern mixing.

Here's my take on a few of Andi's past looks:

I really liked the way she mixed her stripes and florals and since I have a dress pretty similar I thought it would be fun to give this look a try.


source

Not being one to wear shorts very often, Andi inspired me to pull out my denim shorts, a striped top, and the pink belt to finish off my look.


source

This last look is one of my favorites of Andi's.  When I got my green skirt and was looking for ways to style it, Andi's cream colored lace top and cognac accessories were great inspiration.


source

Thank you for letting me swap blogs with Andi today and I hope you swing by over to say hello!

When Inge did 3 outfits for our swap, I accused her of being an overachiever.  Now that Heather did the same thing, I'm beginning to suspect I am just the slacker who picks one outfit to interpret.  Thanks to Heather for swapping blogs today!  Go check out her blog and see my copycat outfit!      

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for swapping with me today Andi! I had a lot of fun and you are great inspiration :) You are not an underachiever, I just couldn't pick one outfit to copycat, lol! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Heathers take on your style, you two look great!
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popped over from Heather and Kayla's blog
    This is such a cute post idea
    Enjoyed scrolling through your blog and look forward to checking it out again
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andi, I am loving this idea you've come up with the copycat blog swaps, you should make it a regular feature on your blog! I know I had a blast doing it. I see that your shorts/stripes outfit was very inspiring, since Heather and I both picked it! And just like Heather said, I just couldn't pick one outfit to copy! Loved your outfit over on Heather's blog too =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again Andi. I also commented when you & Inge did your Swap. I loved your interpretation of Heather's Outfit & I am loving all her 3. Number 3 is very much Heather. the 2nd one is the most unlike her so I am loving her in Shorts but My Favorite of hers would be the Stripped Fuchsia Dress.

    I love that you have Real, Relatable Style. Your Outfit with the Polka Dot Rain Boots was great too. I am now following your blog. I would love for you to stop by mine and if you like it, maybe you can support my blog as well. Thanks & enjoy your week, Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I love your swap series and can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! I enjoy being inspired by other bloggers...and this is a great way to showcase that! :) I'd totally be up for doing this with you sometime, if you want! Also, I owe you an email...I haven't forgotten, I've just been terrible at keeping up with things lately...oops.

    ReplyDelete