Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Special Guest - Crystal from Mai-Heart

Today I am excited to introduce you all to Crystal, who blogs over at Mai-Heart.  As you will see in the pictures below, she has fabulous style!  I'm a big fan of all the bright colors she wears, and she's currently taking a shopping hiatus, which is reminding me I should probably take a month or two off from shopping soon, too.  We traded questions and answers with each other (see my post here).  It was so fun to get to know each other a little bit better.  I hope you enjoy reading about Crystal and go visit her blog!  

1. What's the story behind your blog name?

Mai-Heart is derived from my last name and hearts were my obsession in college. During my time in college, I was obsessed with the idea of branding myself some how by creating decals (which never happened) and then the name Mai Heart was born. When I first created my blog, I had no idea what to call it. I had about five different names that were too long and boring. Finally, I realized that Mai Heart was the perfect touch.

2. What items are on the top of your closet wishlist right now?

Tory Burch Miller Sandals—which I have been in search for over a year now and a Celine Bag. Since I have large feet, it’s hard to find shoes that I want sometimes. The hard part about having size 10 feet is that brands only make a few in that size. The popular sizes have endless inventory to choose from!
3. What is your favorite vacation spot, or somewhere you want to visit?


My SO and I have discussed vacation spots in the near future. We are thinking about an array of countries to visit. He wants to go visit Japan, Africa and China. I want to visit Greece, Alaska and some European countries. All these are great places to visit but the problem is, we’ll need to come to an agreement on which of these countries are on the top of our list.


4. What stores are your favorite?

I love any store that has a hefty discount. Marshall’s almost never disappoints because of the selection, quality, and price. The clothing offered at Marshall’s can range from Trendy to Classic pieces, which can help any person trying to build a wardrobe with a budget. Marshall’s sometimes offer high-end designer pieces for 40-70% off which I gravitate towards because they can be timeless piece. For instance, I picked up an Equipment Blouse for $60, which retails for $200. Sure, $60 for a blouse sounds hefty, but if you take into consideration the quality, it makes sense to make the purchase. There is no point in purchasing a similar style top for $20 that only last a few wears. 

Target is also a great place for discounted clothing. I’ve mentioned in my blog here  how to shop at Target. Patience is important when shopping at Target because of the markdowns offered. If you can wait for it to go on sale, I advise you do!



5. Other than blogging, what are some of your hobbies?

There are too many hobbies to name, but I’ll just name the few.
For the past ions of Christmas, my mom has purchased a Holiday Barbie for me, which I continue to collect until this day. I appreciate the work put into these dolls. However, the past few Barbies have been a disappointment to me because the quality of the box, the dresses and the make up on the Barbies are horrendous. I forgot how beautiful the Barbies used to be. I am not convinced Mattel is doing a great job on producing quality items anymore.

My other hobby is making bracelets for my Etsy Store. These bracelets are beautifully crafted on a silver plated chain with glass heart and toggle closure. They were originally made as gifts to a few friends. Now, I can share my art with others! http://www.etsy.com/shop/maiheart

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading more about Crystal. Ver cool :)
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this! Crystal is so darn cute, and you're right, she has great style! I really liked learning more about her!!

    ReplyDelete