Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

When September Ends - Goal Review





Happy Monday!  I'm sure I'll be posting about my mom's visit soon, but unfortunately, it's the end of the month, so I have to do my goal review.  September was better than August, but still not pretty!

  • Do a project, mostly sewing - nope.  But I do have an easy sewing project in mind, so that must count for something.  This dress ripped at the seam, so I'm going to chop it into a top instead of a dress.  I thought I'd have time to do it last week, but I have poor time management skills. 
  • Work out 3x a week - I think so. 
  • Tackle a project around the house - I did clean out the linen closet in the guest bathroom.  It's been a sort of mess since we moved in, because I'm never in there, so it's kind of "out of sight, out of mind."  But I finally organized it and threw away a bunch of stuff! 
  • Cook a "real" meal at least 3 days each week - medium.  I don't know - we are home so randomly in the evenings.  I think I did okay. 
  • Stick to a clothing budget - while technically over for September, I was using leftovers from prior months, so I'm still on track for the year.
  • Read 50 books in 2013 - I finished 4 books in September.  I'm still 2 books behind schedule for the year, but again, once I get done with these 800 page Harry Potter books, I think I'll be able to catch up.  I'll just have to be strategic with a few shorter books.  

We're officially 75% through 2013, and I am not feeling great about my goals.  Maybe 4th quarter will be really awesome.  Are you still working on any goals or NY resolutions?  


Blazer: H&M

Top & Jeans: Gap
Necklace: InPink
Shoes: Target

7 comments:

  1. I just love this outfit!!! The black pops against the mint green so well. Very nice :)

    One of my goals for the year was to purge and get rid of some of the clutter (i.e., the garage, the pantry, etc). I had a good start at the beginning of the year but then life got busy. I think even if I took a whole week off work and went through every box, drawer, cabinet, nook and cranny of the house it still couldn't get finished, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goals this year were to 1. start a blog 2. run a 5k and 3. open an etsy shop aaaaand I've done 2 of those. Not sure if the 3rd one is going to happen. I love your outfit today, I think a black top with a black blazer is so sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goals this year were to 1. start a blog 2. run a 5k and 3. open an etsy shop aaaaand I've done 2 of those. Not sure if the 3rd one is going to happen. I love your outfit today, I think a black top with a black blazer is so sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To make a football analogy, some of the best games really pick up the pace in the last quarter haha! I still think you did pretty well. Keep on truckin'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pants! They look so good on you paired with black! I don't write out my goals, but I probably should!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WE ARE THAT FAR INTO THIS YEAR!!?!???! Seriously, where is this year going? I need to make sure that I'm working on my goals like you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Andi, I love this outfit on you! Those pants fit you perfectly, and I love how they pop against the black. I'm pretty awful about making/setting/keeping goals...oops.

    ReplyDelete