Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Koi




According to J.Crew factory, this cardigan is "vibrant flame," but I'm going to call it "koi" for today's link up with Marissa and Heidi.  I almost cheated and used a coral colored outfit, but then I remembered my legitimately orange cardigan and went with it.  

The color orange doesn't have much representation in my closet.  I like it, but it starts to feel very Halloween-y to me sometimes, so I have to be careful about wearing an outfit of mostly orange and black.  I actually planned my outfit the night before I wore it, and then switched out my plain black skirt for this striped one in the morning, because I'm just spontaneous like that. 

Chambray & Cardigan: J.Crew Factory
Skirt: Old Navy

10 comments:

  1. The striped skirt was a great last minute choice! The pop of color in your cardigan is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the striped skirt choice, too! Your cardigan is such a fun, bright color and you pull it off so well! I am kind of scared of orange, the closest I can get it coral.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'm so glad you wound up switching to your striped skirt. It's so cute and make the outfit just that much more interesting :) I don't own much orange either. It's too Halloweeny, plus my high school colors were orange and black and whenever I wear orange, I feel like I should be going to a pep rally or a football game, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this firey cardigan! I don't have much orange either. I feel like it clashes with my hair/skin possibly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Koi is my favorite color! J/k no one says that. I do love the orange-y red color of your cardigan, though, and I think it looks great with the striped skirt! I don't have a single orange thing in my closet. I think it's because I occasionally dye my hair an auburn-y color (about to do that today, actually) and so I stay away from red and orange to keep it from clashing with my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again with the same thoughts! You don't look Halloween-y to me. I really need to wear this striped skirt more often. It was crazy to me that one of my summer camp co-workers LOVED orange. She was obsessed with the color. I have yet to meet another person who loves orange half as much as she did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I'm wearing black and white stripes today, too! But I think you definitely wore it better! I should take a page from you and wear boots instead of heels with my outfit. I might try it again next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think either cardigan definitely would have worked for koi, but i love this red-orange color! thanks for joining our link up again today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great outfit. You look wonderful! I don't have much orange in my closet either, so this was a challenge for sure. Thank you for participating again :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The orange-y red with the striped skirt looks great together!

    ReplyDelete