Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Stripe Week - Blazer





This blazer.  It's ridiculous.  I knew it was ridiculous when I bought it, but it was only $7, and I'd had a rough week, so some emotional shopping was inevitable.  And I thought a coral striped blazer would be a pretty good addition to my closet.  And then it hung in my closet for a month, because I didn't really know what to wear with it. 

Pinterest was almost no help.  I guess a white and coral striped blazer just isn't that common.  But I wasn't going to give up.  Then I saw this pin, and decided to flip the colors around to suit my ridiculous blazer.  I really like how it turned out!

I've since thought up several other outfits for this blazer.  I just had to get over the initial block.  Now I'll probably try to wear it a lot before winter officially arrives.

Remember to link up with Kate and me tomorrow with your striped outfits!      

Today I'm linking up with Pinned It & Did It, What I Wore to WorkLook What I Got, and Tres-Chic.

Blazer: Jones New York
Tank: Gap
Skirt: Old Navy
Shoes: BCBGeneration

6 comments:

  1. I think this turned out great! Sometimes doing the flip reversal makes all the difference. This would look great paired with navy blue too! Looking forward to tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! When it comes to blazers, mine are all pretty neutral and definitely no patterns (boring!). I love how fun yours is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ridiculous blazer! Playing with color schemes that I like (rather than specific pieces) is my favorite way to get pin-spired. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you took that pin and made it work using a striped theme but reversing the colors to match what you had in your closet. Love this blazer and hopw you challenge yourself to find many ways of wearing it. I have a wihite w.black stripes one and think it is a great way to add pattern to solid tops and bottoms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, this is so cute, Andi! I like your ridiculous blazer a lot, and I think it would look great with so many different items/colors (red, yellow, navy blue, mint, teal/turquoise, black, gray, etc.). I can't wait to see all your outfits with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My striped blazer is a staple in my closet. Love that yours was so cheap!
    Thanks for linking up for Look What I Got. Hope to see you back tomorrow!

    Tara
    Penniless Socialite
    Target Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete