Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

#22 - Social Media



I'm not as good at social media as I probably should be.  Most of my tweets and Facebook posts are just Instagrams.  Half the time I don't even #hashtag anything.  I do spend more time than I should scanning through everyone else's posts on the various sites.  The other day, John was looking over my shoulder as I checked Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.  His perspective made me laugh.  A few highlights:
  • Why is there an old picture on Instagram?  It's "INSTA" gram.  Like Instant!  
  • Why do people use hashtags on Instagram?  Isn't that a Twitter thing?  
  • WHOA, that's a long Facebook status!  Shouldn't she just have a blog for stuff like that?  
  • Wait, wasn't that on Instagram?  Why is it on Facebook, too?
  • What is a picture doing on Twitter?!  Isn't that why people have Instagram?
  • That's the same picture we saw on Instagram and Facebook!  Why is it on all three?
I was trying to explain the logic, but he has a point.  This is all ridiculous!  I mean, I'm still going to do it, but it is kind of strange!  

Also, I like this outfit.  I'll probably Instagram and Tweet about it.  


Shirt & Skirt: J.Crew Factory
Sweater: Gap
Tights: Old Navy
Boots: Steve Madden

8 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! I have to admit though that Twitter does confuse me!

    Jess - J's Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. very funny :) but there are some things which only bloggers understand :)
    your outfit is lovely with this skirt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! I love the color of your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only appreciate people uploading some of their instagrams to Facebook because I don't have instagram or twitter. I highly doubt they are doing it for my benefit, though. Also, this has to be my favorite outfit of your 30x30! If I had a black sweater, I would copy this. (How I don't have a black sweater is beyond me)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this outfit! I like how you layered the tops, and the skirt really brightens up the look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha...instead of "from the mouths of babes," it's "from the mouths of dudes." If I write a long Facebook status, there is ALWAYS a punch line/something witty at the end. It's like my stand-up comedy platform.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaa. I only have Facebook and it is personal. I never talk about the blog or anything blog-related. But I do post some long statuses every now and then. Twitter sort of bugs me. I'd want an Instragram though, but I would probably only use it for Phone Pics. Love the color of your skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this outfit on you, Andi! It is so flattering :) Social media does get kind of confusing...I admit that a vast majority of my Instagram photos are of my dogs...hahaha. No shame.

    ReplyDelete