Pages

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Book Review - The Westing Game




When my nieces were visiting last month, I found out that they are little bookworms (awesome), and it got me thinking about what books they should read.  I was reviewing some of the Newbery award winners, and saw The Westing Game listed.  I remembered liking it, but didn't remember what happened, so I thought it deserved a re-read.

It was a quick read during vacation, and I still liked it!  The basic plot is somewhat similar to Ready Player One - rich eccentric man dies and leaves his fortune to whoever can solve the mystery.  The cast of characters was a little hard to keep track of at first, but by the time it matters, I knew who was who.  It would have been fun if there was an illustration of the apartment building with all the tenants listed.  Like the family trees at the beginning of Philippa Gregory books, that I always have to reference (which Mary are we talking about now??).

Anyway, I'd recommend it for adults or older kids.  I'm not sure if my nieces would like it yet.  Maybe in a couple more years.

 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I've not read The Westing Game yet, but I remember wanting to read it when I was younger. I'm a huge fan of reading children's and YA fiction (I know, I know...), so I'll have to read this over the summer! :)

    ReplyDelete