Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Book Review - Hyperbole and a Half


If you've been around the internet very long, you've probably seen something from Allie Brosh.  Her blog posts were pretty frequently shared by my Facebook friends a few years ago.  I always enjoyed reading the shared post, but for some reason, I didn't start reading on a regular basis.  I guess I just wasn't into "following" blogs back then.  Anyway, she has a book now (Hyperbole and a Half, just like her blog name) and I loved it.  

I recognized a few of the stories from the blog.  I guess quite a bit of the book was blog stuff.  I can see how that would be frustrating if you had already read all of those blog things.  But they are still hilarious.  And my husband hadn't read any of her stuff, so I got to introduce him to the ridiculous stories and illustrations.      

It's mostly just stories about her childhood or day to day things.  Some of them hit a little close to home, like the shame spiral of procrastination or just being super awkward all the time.  Yep, I can relate to that.  

She doesn't blog anymore, which I am hoping means she's just saving up all her new material for another book.  But until then, I've been reading through her archives a bit.  Here's an excellent example of how I feel about spiders.  Warning - she does cuss a bit.  So don't let your 6 year old read it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment