Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Dress Week - LBD (and book talk)



What would Dress Week be without the LBD?  I really love this dress - I've said it before, but I got it from Ann Taylor for $7.  I've definitely gotten my price per wear to under 50cents.

Anyway, it's Literary Junkies day.  Here are the questions and my answers:
  • What are you reading? Tell us about it!  I'm just a few chapters into This is Where I Leave You.  So far, I like it.  It seems to walk the fine line between funny and sad.
  • Library or bookstore? Library all the way!  My local library is awesome! I'm really excited about a few books that are coming out this fall, because I'm near the top of the wait list at the library - this means I will probably get them pretty soon after they are released, but I don't have to pay!    
  • What book(s) have you read and re-read several times?  I don't really reread books.  There are too many new ones to read, I don't want to waste time reading something when I already know what happens.  There are a few books I read as a kid that I don't remember at all and would like to read again, but they won't make it to the top of my list for awhile.  The only book I purposely read over and over again is the Bible.  
  • What is the first book that made you fall in love with reading?  No idea!  I have loved to read since before I can remember. 
  • Who's your favorite author? Tell us so we can binge-read!  I'm so bad at picking favorites!  A couple more recent favorites are Neil Gaiman and Rainbow Rowell.  They are very different, but both wonderful!  
Have you read anything good lately?

Also remember you can keep linking up your dress looks throughout the week!  

Scarf: Target
Dress: Ann Taylor
Belt: chinese Laundry
Sandals: Carlos Santana



18 comments:

  1. That's a perfect LBD! You can't go wrong for $7! I am ashamed to say I don't have one in my closet, just haven't found the right one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous of your $7 find! :) Love the summery scarf paired with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when you find such a staple piece at such a steal. It fits you amazingly too. Your hair looks really cute in a bun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read the Tropper book. It's on my list! Thanks so much for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to check out my neighborhood library. I haven't since I moved back to Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to read one of Rainbow Rowell's book for sure. Man, if I only had more time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 50 cent cost-per-wear? NICE! I really like this LBD on you. The scarf was a lovely touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your look! This is Where I Leave You came in for me at the library this weekend. I need to go pick it up and get started!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your outfit, and you're right about libraries. I would not be the person I am today without them!

    --Brenda @Daily Mayo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you broke it down by price per wear! That is such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah! A dress with pockets? I'm all over it! Love the scarf too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the pockets on this LBD! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. $7?! Way more than worth it. And I've never heard of this literary junkies thing... must go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that LBD and awesome price. Great styling with the scarf. I just found out about your Dresses' Week That sucks since I love Dresses but didn't have any planned ahead to show this week. However I will link up again this weekend with a Fresh Dress Outfit, just for you. Andi. =)


    Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dang, girl...that dress is perfect on you. I love how you styled it with the scarf and belt as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi Andi! so I guess I haven't been over here in longer than I thought! I have to say this look is totally classy and flattering on you! you cannot go wrong with a topknot and LBD. this is a fun questionnaire, I'm with you, library all the way! it took me tooo long to get a Nashville Library card when I relocated, but now I use mine whenever I can. no reason to buy books that I can just borrow.

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete