Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

20 Things You May or May Not Know (or care to know) About Me



Well, if you want to know 20 random things about me, today is your lucky day!  You can thank (or blame) Brynn for tagging me.  She made a cool video, but I wasn't up to that challenge.  At first, I was just like "no, I hate seeing myself on video" and then I was like "Oh yeah, and I actually wouldn't even know how to do one anyway, so it doesn't matter."  So if you want to know what my voice sounds like, you'll just have to come visit.  I'll take you to the zoo.  Or maybe I'll figure out how to vlog someday.  It's not likely.  

Anyway, here are the questions and my answers.  
  • How tall are you?  5'9"
  • Do you have a hidden talent?  If so, what?   I don't think so
  • What's your biggest blog-related pet peeve?  Probably just the weird rat race to get followers.  Sure, I'd love to have 1000 followers (although saying that makes me nervous, maybe I wouldn't love that at all).  I think I've mostly stopped following people who seem caught up in that.  But even now, I will get people who link up for a theme week and they aren't even remotely close to the theme.  I should delete them, but then I feel like a jerk if I do.   
  • What's your biggest non-blog-related pet peeve?  Oh, where to even begin?  Probably grammar and spelling errors, especially online.  I know I'm not perfect, but seriously, the computer has spell check!  You should not be making these stupid mistakes! (and now I'm extra paranoid that I have stupid mistakes in this super long post!)
  • What's your favorite song?  It's impossible to choose a favorite song.  I can't even pick a reasonable number of favorite songs to put on my iphone.  My favorite artist is definitely Ben Folds.  That man is a musical genius. 
  • What's your favorite Etsy shop that isn't yours?  No idea.  I'm not into Etsy.  
  • What's your favorite way to spend your free time when you're alone?  If I'm in a lazy mood, I will be reading or binge-watching Netflix/Hulu.  I also really like to shop by myself.  
  • Do you have a pet or pets?  If so, what kind and what are their names?  Nope.  I really want to get a dog, specifically a Great Pyrenees, but the timing hasn't worked out for us yet.  We just aren't home enough.  
  • What are your number one favorite nonfiction and fiction books?  Again, I am really bad at picking favorites.  I mean, I had 6 favorite books from just one year!  So, my 2 favorite fiction books from 2014 so far are The Rosie Project and Ready Player One.   I don't read as much non-fiction, but I really like Malcolm Gladwell's books.  
  • What's your favorite beauty product?  I've been using Pantene Curl Defining Mousse for the majority of my life.  Other products just don't get the job done.    
  • When were you last embarrassed?  What happened?  I do embarrassing things all the time, so these moments don't really stick with me as much.  So, I can't think of anything specific that has happened recently.  
  • If you could only drink one beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life, what would it be?  This is tough!  I think I have to pick milk.  I drink a lot of milk, and I don't think I could do without it.  But I'd really miss drinking soda.   
  • What's your favorite movie?  Ugh, why are there so many questions about favorite things??  I like lots of movies!  Probably the movie I've watched the most is Waiting for Guffman.  It's just so hilarious.  I really need to watch it again - it's been awhile.  Every time I watch it, I notice something new.  
  • What were you in high school: prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, valedictorian, band geek, loner, artist, prep?  Well, I went to a pretty small Christian school, so most of the groups overlapped quite a bit.  We didn't have a prom queen.  I was smart, but I think about 30% of the class had a 4.0 at graduation.  I kind of wanted to be a cheerleader, just to teach them that doing the "we're #1" cheer isn't appropriate when we are losing by 50 points.  I was definitely not a jock, band geek, loner, or artist.  And we were all preps, because we literally went to prep school, uniforms and all.  So, have I answered the question?  No?  Well, I don't know what I was.  There were a lot of things I didn't like about my high school, but I think the social dynamic was pretty good.  I honestly think I was friends with almost everyone.  Does that make me sound like I was actually friends with no one?  Longest non-answer ever.  
  • If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?  I would want to live on the beach!   I always joke about moving to Puerto Rico, but I should probably pick a place that mostly speaks English.  So maybe we should move to Hawaii?  
  • PC or Mac?  I've always had PCs.  
  • Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, boy/girlfriend, spouse?  Our anniversary was just at the end of July.  John sent me flowers at work, and bought me an opal ring.  So that was pretty nice.  Otherwise, we tend to be silly rather than super romantic.  
  • Favorite celebrity?  I'm not super interested in celebrities.  The first person that comes to mind is Jimmy Fallon, just because he seems like such a nice guy, and appears to really love his job.  I remember loving him back in the day on SNL, because he couldn't get through a sketch without giggling.  Most celebrities seem like jerks, so my favorites are the nice-seeming ones!  
  • What blogger do you secretly want to be best friends with? I don't think it's a secret that I want to be best friends with Kate and Danielle.  Well, and a few others of you.  You should all move to Nebraska and we can hang out all the time!       
Top: Kohl's (refashioned from a dress)
Cardigan: J.Crew Factory (exact)
Skirt: Gibson&Latimer (similar, similar)
Shoes: Target (exact)

10 comments:

  1. Andi - I feel like I know you now... okay not really. And while I'd love to meet you someday - I don't think I'll be making the trip from Ontario to Nebraska (ugh, sorry). But hey - you never know. And now you're probably thinking - what the heck, I don't even know this girl, she's commented like 4 times ever and linked up like twice (and oh my gosh, I'm so worried now that I wasn't on theme - ah!). But I read your blog like every day, so... yeah.
    Anywho - I originally wanted to comment to say - I love, LOVE, love your top. And the bright yellow cardi on top of it is so bright and poppy and fun. This is a great fall outfit on you.
    I'd do 20 things you may/may not know about me on my blog, but I feel like I already overshare, so I'd probably lose followers if I did. Ha!
    Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress refashion was a great choice. I just love it as a top! And this was a good read! I love learning more about bloggers I follow so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love learning more about you. You are 2 inches tall then me. Also with theme week you cloud always add if you post doesn't match with the theme. Then it will be deleted. I have seen a lot of link up like that. This way if you delete there post from the link up they know why. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks really good today! Not that it doesn't normally, but something is different. The part? I honestly love it. Also, I don't think we can be friends in real life because you like Jimmy Fallon. He drives me bonkers. He loves everything. "I love (this actor)! I love (this musician)!" ... I'm also just bitter because I started really loving Jay Leno right before he got replaced. Anyway, I like shopping alone. We should do that together sometime. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was fun to read, Andi! Grammatical errors drive me bananas too (and also saying that makes me extra-paranoid about my blog posts). I also agree with Kate--shopping alone is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah I forgot I need to do this! I'm the worst with favorites too. But I'd probably have answers for most of these because I just had to answer a bunch of them for a game that was played at my shower. Favorites are hard! Also, I think the dynamics are so much better in small schools. My high school graduating class was 62. And I feel like we were all pretty much friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. first off, i love the maroon & yellow paired together in your outfit! and i loved reading the answers to your questions even though you didn't do a video! i know i can take videos on my ipad and iphone but i wouldn't even know how to get it uploaded to youtube properly but i may work on it just so i can participate in this 20 questions thing, i feel so left outttt! and i must have missed your book review for ready player one, so thanks for mentioning that, i am gonna look it up right now! and can you believe i still haven't read the rosie project? ugh at this rate i should have just purchased it but i'm still waiting for it to come up for me at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I'm going to start by commenting on this outfit - I LOVE IT. The colors are beautiful together! Also, I'm with Kate - your hair looks especially fab today...I think it's the side-part! :) And I still love that you're a Waiting for Guffman fan...I quote that movie regularly and love dancing like Corky St. Clair!! Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Longest non-answer ever"...hahaha! And dang girl, you are super model tall! It's funny that I haven't been able to figure that out from your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too laughed at the longest non-answer ever comment. Loved reading this about you. In my (similar) post today I also talk about bad grammar and bad English, because it bothers me also lol. Ohh and I love your theme weeks and I hope I rise up to the challenge. I hope I always follow your themes as close as possible.

    P.S. You look extremely pretty in this post and wow girl you are tall!

    ReplyDelete