Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Skirt Week - Black Pencil



There aren't many items of clothing that I'd say every women should own, but I do think a basic black skirt is one of them.  I almost said a black pencil skirt, but I know some people really don't like the style.  So whatever style you like best, but you should probably have a black skirt.  I had one from Old Navy for about 8 years, and it finally got too tight, so I was happy to find a replacement from Dillard's.  And this one is a stretchy fabric, so it's much more forgiving!

One thing probably no one needs is a pair of floral print ballet flats.  But look how cute they are!!  I wish I had worn them more over the summer, because I don't see them transitioning into cold weather very well.

In other news, it's officially one month until my birthday!  I never made one of those 30 before 30 lists, but now I have 30 days before I turn 30.  I don't think it's going to happen.  BUT I think I've had a pretty great life so far.  No bucket list needed.

Link up below for SKIRT WEEK!

Cardigan: Gap Factory (similar)
Top: Gap Factory (similar)
Belt: Chinese Laundry (similar)
Skirt: Gibson & Latimer (similarsimilar)
Shoes: J.Crew Factory (similar)




11 comments:

  1. Can't go wrong with a classic black pencil skirt for sure. I rarely wear mine, since I work from home, but it definitely keeps its place in my closet, despite the major purge for the capsule wardrobe, because that is one thing worth keeping for "just in case". Handy that such a classic cut really doesn't go out of style, so you can have it for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right about everyone needing a black skirt! And love the floral flats...I have a pair too that I barely wore this summer, but can't bring myself to get rid of because they're just so fun to wear every once in awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That purple and mint are so pretty together! Black skirts are definitely a staple! They go with everything and can be dressed up or down. Winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got to love a basic black skirt. I just pick up a circle skirt for old navy and have already worn it twice. I really like you flats. I find fun flats like that had to style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed with your basic black skirt assessment! I don't usually love pencil skirts (I just don't think I'm patient enough to find ones that fit well) but I DO love my pleated black skirt. I could wear it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great. I love the colors of your top. I also agree every woman should own a basic black skirt. It is just so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great color combo! I agree with you about a pencil skirt, and I am still on the hunt for my perfect one. I am trying my best to get over here for skirt week! It's so hard for me to get someone to take pictures for me during the week. I know, I know, I need a tripod or a husband.

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that everyone needs a black skirt! I have a pencil skirt in black - it's great for looking professional when I need to. And I LOVE the flats. They are so cute! Hopefully you can get a little more wear out of them. I can't believe you have 30 days til 30 - let the countdown begin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is definitely one of the cutest ways I've seen someone style a black pencil skirt! I love the combination of minty green and purple.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These flats are so cute! It reminds me that I have a pair of printed bright coral flats that I should wear before it's too late in the season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah! I don't have a black skirt, although it's something I often wish I had. I just can't find one that I like :( As always, I love these flats and think they're the star of your outfit - so dang cute!!!

    ReplyDelete