Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Winter Book Challenge



Well, after almost completing the summer book challenge, I'm going to try this again.  I think the categories are much harder this time, so there's a good chance I will be distracted by reading things that don't apply, but hey, it's still fun to try!  Details on Megan's blog.  The challenge starts on Nov 1st if anyone wants to join in!

5 points: Freebie! Read any book that fits the general rules.  Probably The Rosie Effect (411 pages), but I suspect I will read a few books that don't fall into any of the other categories. 
10 points: Read a book written by an author who has published at least 10 books. - Funny Girl: A Novel (464 pages)
10 points: Read a book of short stories - My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories(320 pages)
10 points: Read a book with a food in the title. - The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (274 pages)
15 points: Read the first book in a series that is new to you (so no rereads for this one!). -
The Eyre Affair (374pages)
15 points: Read a book that was originally written in a language that is not your native language. -
Love in the Time of Cholera (348 pages)
15 points: Read a book written by a local author (either an author from your state if you live in the United States, or from your country if you live somewhere else). - My Antonia (232 pages)
20 points: Read a "bookish book" (in which books play an important role-the setting involves a bookstore or library, a major character is an author, or a book that celebrates reading and books -
The Storied Life of AJ Fikry (260 pages)
20 points: Read a book with a direction in the title (e.g. north, south, east, west or any combination of those).  reread (601 pages) or I'd Like to Apologize to Every Teacher I Ever Had: My Year as a Rookie Teacher at Northeast High (264 pages)
25 points: Read a book from a genre you don't usually read.  - Not sure yet
25 points: Read a book with a song lyric in the title. Be sure to tell us the song name and artist as well!  - maybe Peace Like a River(312 pages)
30 points: Read two books with a different meal in each title (e.g. breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper, brunch update: meals like feast, banquet, picnic will also count, but try not to get too "creative" with your meal words!). - Breakfast of Champions  (302 pages) and Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant (303 pages)

And a huge thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes!  I had a very nice birthday weekend celebrating!  More about that later this week.

Jacket: JCrew Factory: (exact)
Scarf: J.Crew Factory (exact)
Dress: Limited (similar, similar)
Shoes: Old Navy (optionoption)

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I think I might finally have to join in on this book challenge - I love the categories and several work great for books on my list that I really want to get to. Excited to put mine together! The Storied Life of AJ Fikry is one of my favorite reads of this year, so I'm glad to see that on your list. And Peace Like a River is excellent too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love a good reading challenge - looks like you have some great books on your list! I can't wait to hear how it goes! I really like how this dress looks with your denim jacket, too, by the way. The dress itself is so pretty and fancy, but the jacket dresses it down nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by via the challenge linkup. You have a great list! I'm also reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society, but for the "bookish" category.

    I love the dress you're wearing at the top of this post.

    ~Bevchen

    ReplyDelete