Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Book Review - The King's Curse


The King's Curse is the last novel in the Cousins' War series by Philippa Gregory.  Or at least, they are saying it is the last one.  But I think they said that about the previous book, too.  So we will see.

Um, I don't really have strong opinions about this book.  I enjoyed it.  It's very similar to the rest of the books in this series, except I know more about Henry VIII than I did about the previous kings, so I knew things weren't going to end well for his various wives.

Two complaints which might be the same general idea.  Gregory kind of rehashes the theme over and over and over again.  Maybe readers aren't smart enough to remember that there is an alleged curse on the king, but I mean, that is the NAME OF THE BOOK.  So maybe we don't have to bring it up and explain it in it's entirety every 10 pages?

Same basic complaint about mentioning things that have happened in the past.  I don't mind a brief reminder of who someone is, but it was like every time a character appeared there would be a paragraph of who they are, what their relationship is to the main character, etc.  Yeah, there are a lot of folks named Henry, Mary, Edward, Elizabeth, etc - but give the readers some credit.  We can remember main plot points!




No comments:

Post a Comment