Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Budget Rewind - January 2013



Well, I had so much fun with the January 2014 review that I decided to go back to 2013.  This means I have 2 years of reflection instead of just one. 

Good

  • Gap Always Skinny Mint Jeans - $13 - I wore these 9 times on the blog, and I think quite a bit undocumented.  I just recently sold them on ThredUp, and got a few dollars, so I'd say these were well within the $1/wear that I'd like to shoot for.  A super impulse buy, but I loved them while I had them!
  • J.Crew Factory Classic Cardigan in Vibrant Flame - $14:  I love these JCF cardigans!  So glad I got this one, because I don't have a lot of orange in my closet, and I think it is a fun color to wear!  
  • Gap Boyfriend sweater - $6: this was a replacement for my prior Gap navy sweater that was falling apart because I wore it so much.  For $6, I was super happy to snag this one.  
  • Gap Boyfriend Fitted Shirt - $12:  I've been neglecting it lately (and most recently due to inability to button), but this is a great basic shirt to have.  I wore it a lot in the first year I had it.  Hopefully I will be able to wear it again sometime!


Medium

  • Gap Striped Scoop-neck Tee -  $9:  I really loved the contrasting sleeves and pocket in thinner stripes on this top, but since I almost always wore it with a jacket or cardigan, I noticed I was picking my other navy/white striped tee or tank, because those just fit better.  
  • Mossimo Lady Satchel - $12: I used this purse for quite awhile, and I still think it is super cute, but then I got a couple nicer purses for birthdays, and I mostly just use those.  With that in mind, I recently got rid of all my random cheaper purses, because I am not a purse-hoarder like some women (I much prefer clothes and shoes!)
  • J.Crew Factory Tissue V-Neck Tee  - $5 - I mean, it was $5, but I've only worn it a couple times. Still in the closet, but I'm not sure it should be.  

Bad

  • Merona Kylan Fur Ankle Boot - $10 - I guess I wore these more than I thought I did, so they've been promoted from the 'ugly' category.  I just sold them on Thredup, as well.  But these were an impulse buy that I probably should have just left at the store. 


Ugly (aka already removed from my closet):

  • Old Navy Polka Dot shirtdress - $19 - I really tried to make it work, but the length on this shirt/dress/tunic whatever just wasn't working for me at all.  I cringe that I spent almost $20 on something and only managed to wear it a few times.  But I'm defenseless against polka dots.  

Honorable mention:

  • Old Navy Striped dress - $10  (Update: I had to return this, due to a giant hole appearing!) - I think this would have been in the good category if it hadn't been ruined the first time I wore it.  I'm still sad about this one, because I loved the varying width on the stripes.  
So 4 good, 3 medium, 2 bad, and 1 ugly.  With 2 years of reflection, I don't feel super ashamed of those numbers.  

6 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about stripes that you do about polka dots. You also got some really great deals, so I'd say it looks like you got your money's worth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading your last reflection post I went back to check on my previous January purchases. I only bought two things last January, and I still wear them so hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading your last reflection post I went back to check on my previous January purchases. I only bought two things last January, and I still wear them so hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even just seeing the collage in Feedly, I was drawn to the striped dress--such a bummer that it was defective! Geez. I am amazed at what good bargains you seem to get on all your clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still sad for you that the striped dress didn't work for you - I should send mine to you to borrow for a little while!!

    ReplyDelete