Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Camelot



This is what I wore recently when I went to see the Camelot musical.  I'll be honest, most of my knowledge about King Arthur, Lancelot and Guinevere is from the movie First Knight, which I thought was just about the coolest movie ever when I was 10.  The broadway show didn't quite measure up.  I mean, it was okay, but just not amazing like I expect my musicals to be.  None of the music stuck with me at all, I didn't sense any chemistry between Guinevere and Lancelot, and honestly, King Arthur just seemed way more likable, so I don't understand why she would even be tempted to leave him for Lancelot.  But whatever.  It was a fun way to spend the evening.  And it was warm enough to not wear tights, so all around a pretty good day.

Oh, and I might be a jerk for saying this, but theaters really need to have something in place for larger folks.  These seats are pretty tiny to start out with, and I was unfortunately sitting next to a guy who really needed 2 seats.  Southwest would have totally kicked him off a flight.  And yet, I had to make myself as small as possible and lean into my MIL's space to avoid contact.  I wondered if I should speak to an usher at the intermission, but what are they going to do?  And then I'd really feel like a jerk.

So maybe I would have enjoyed the show more if that hadn't been an issue.  Hopefully that guy doesn't also have season tickets.

Cardigan & Scarf: Gap
Belt: Limited
Dress: Loft Maternity
Boots: Madden

5 comments:

  1. Well if there is something in place for people who need larger seats, there should be something in place for people with BO too. The one time I got moved up to first class during a flight I sat next to someone with horrible BO. Definitely ruined the experience so I can see where you are coming from! And you shouldn't have to be leaning over like that when pregnant either! People should be going out of their way for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha this sounds like a flight I took a few years ago... I'm still mad at myself for not complaining and getting some sort of refund. I had to LIFT UP THE ARM REST for him to sit down next to me. His foot rested in the MIDDLE of my seat on the floor. I'm obviously not still bitter about it :) It was so so so horrible. Gah. Anyway, sorry the play was mediocre, but at least you looked cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll refrain from going on a ten page rant, but yes. It's not fair for larger people - or any people - to infringe on your space. I'm sorry you had to deal with this, but glad you were able to handle the situation and keep your cool. It's unfortunate that there's really nothing we can do about it, nor are there people we can go to (e.g., ushers, flight attendants, etc) to handle the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's too bad it wasn't the best, but at least you looked good! I've never seen the musical although I was in a performing group in college and we did songs from Spamalot! haha

    ReplyDelete