Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Budget Rewind - March 2013

March Purchases

Let's go back and see what I bought in March 2013.  (note - this collage contains some February items.

Good
  • J.Crew Denim Shorts: $31 (originally $58.50) - I love these shorts!  I have worn them a lot, mostly in casual non-blog outfits, but I'd guess I've totally gotten my money's worth.  And they were getting a little snug last time I wore them (blame early pregnancy?), but I hope they will fit again and I can keep wearing them.  
  • Merona Cardigan:  $11.50 (originally $23) - Impulse purchase, but it turned out well for me. Really, a green polka dot cardigan is just so me.  
  • Merona Floral Tank:  $10 (originally $15) - I'm definitely under the $1 cost/wear goal on this top.  I still love it, but it is starting to look a little faded, so I might have to retire it soon.  

Medium 
  • Xhileration Ruffle Dress:  $7.50 (originally $25) - I don't know what to say about this one.  I'm sure I've worn it more than 8 times, so the cost per wear is good.  I think it's a little too short in the front, and I'm not 100% sold on the high-low style.  So not quite bad, but not quite good.  
  • Gap Cardigan: $16 (originally $45) - at the time, I think this was a dumb purchase (I had a 40% off coupon and really wanted to buy something), but I've been wearing it a lot more lately, so it turned out okay.  

Ugly
  • J.Crew Corsage Tee: $9 (originally 39.50) - I think I wore this a couple times, but the flower thing just looked terrible after I washed it, and I couldn't figure out how to fix it, so I removed it, and then it was just a striped tee.  And then it inexplicably got some purplish stains on it (still don't know how that happened), so I just sent it to Goodwill.  Definitely didn't get $9 out of it.  

Other 
  • Prabal Gurung Sandals: $15 (originally $30) - I returned these.  I liked them, but the straps hit my feet in a weird spot and they weren't very comfortable.  

1 comment:

  1. Considering that your worst purchase cost you $9 and that even your medium purchases have gotten their cost-per-wear (or so close to it), it seems like this was a decent month for you!

    ReplyDelete