Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Third Thursday - Sales!



If you've ever read one of my Budgeting Bloggers posts, you know I rarely buy anything for full price.  I just don't see a reason to, since it will probably go on sale (or I'll find a similar item on sale in the future).  When Bri announced the Third Thursday Threads theme for this month was favorite sale purchase, it was kind of hard to narrow down.  So I just picked a recent outfit that I really liked, and will share my shopping strategies for each item.  As a general rule, I like to get cost per wear of any item down to $1 or less.  Of course, when I am actually buying anything, I have to guess on how often and how long I will wear it, so it's not an exact science.

The dress was $16 (originally $30), which is only about 50% off, which is usually not something I would go for (especially at Old Navy), but since it is a maternity dress, I didn't want to wait.  I think I've worn it 5 or so times, and will probably wear it more in the next 6 weeks, since I'm running out of things that fit.  I probably won't make it to 16, but if I'm ever pregnant again, I think this will be a dress I still want to wear.

The cardigan was $15 (originally $55).  I love the Clare cardigan from J.Crew Factory, and I think I have it in 4 colors.  I will probably keep buying different colors, because I wear them all pretty frequently (I'm slightly shocked this one has only made the blog one other time!)

The belt was one of those 3-pack deals at TJ Maxx - I think it was probably $10 for the set, so that means this one is about $3.  I'd highly recommend looking at places like TJ Maxx or Marshall's for accessories, because they are super cheap!  It's been on the blog about 20 times, so my cost per wear is pretty fabulous at this point!

The shoes are from Target and I got them for $9 (originally $40).  They were a random find when I was grocery shopping, and just happened into the shoe section.  They must have been an online return, because they only had one pair, and it was my size, and I think black flats will always be a frequently worn item for me, and I didn't love the options I had at the time.  I've blogged them 10 times, and I've worn them way more than that.

I know I'm kind of cheating, because I didn't pick a "favorite" sale item, but I probably can't even fit into some of my favorite sale items at the moment, so I'm just making up my own rules.

Cardigan: J.Crew Factory
Dress: Old Navy Maternity
Belt: Chinese Laundry
Shoes: Target

4 comments:

  1. Chalk this up as another outfit where you don't look pregnant at all from the front! I love that cardigan on you - such a pretty colour. I had one black dress when I was pregnant and wore it both times, that's a good investment piece for maternity wear - and if you have family that ends up pregnant you can always pass it on - or try a consignment store for when you're finished with it - and get some of your $$ back that way!
    Take care!
    Tea
    www.whatmamawear.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so hard to narrow down my favorite sale purchases that I got stuck. I'm still trying to come up with something. I really like this shade of blue with your black dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the clare cardigan from J.Crew Factory too--I have it in several colors as well, and they all get worn frequently! I've managed to get most of them on clearance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit looks so classy! Love!

    ReplyDelete