Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Book Review - The Girl on the Train




The Girl on the Train is everywhere right now.  It's another one that I've been hearing about for months, and finally got it from the library, as an ebook!  Super easy to read on my phone's Kindle app while snuggling my little guy.  I really liked it, which was a problem because I kept reading in the middle of the night when I really should have gone to bed!

This is one I can't say much about because it will ruin the plot.  There's a girl on a train (obviously), she sees some things from said train, and then other stuff happens.  See, no spoilers!  Everyone compares this to Gone Girl, but I liked this one much better.  There are 3 narrators, and the story jumps back and forth a bit in time, so pay attention to the chapter headers.


4 comments:

  1. I'm reading this right now, and golly, I didn't know it would be SUCH a depressing book! But I am excited to find out what happens.

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - I kept calling it "the British Gone Girl" but I liked it better. It was full of crazy people but felt a little less dark. And the characters and their motivations seemed a bit more full and fleshed out, rather than just plain CRAZY. It was a great vacation read, I thought - got through it in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got this one, so I'm glad to hear it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yessss! Another book that's on my Goodreads and that I cannot wait to read! I really liked Gone Girl, so I imagine I'll enjoy this one as well :)

    ReplyDelete