Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Budget Rewind - October 2013


October 2013 was a pretty good month (again, birthday month helps keep me in check)!  Some of these things were gifts, but since they were on my wish list, I still think it makes sense to rate them!  

Good: 
J.Crew Factory Coat (gift) (long version)- awesome coat that is super warm.  Has it ever been blogged??
Harvey's Seatbelt Bag (gift) (Exact)- I've wanted a Harvey's purse forever so I was pumped to finally get this one!  It's pretty much the only purse I have used in the last two years, Except now I mostly use a diaper bag.
Steve Madden boots (gift) (exact)- I've worn these too many times to count (including almost 70 blog posts) and even bought the exact same boots in brown.  Pretty much a staple for getting through Midwest winters.  
Limited White Skinny Jeans (similar):  $25 - a little more than I'd have liked to spend, but 2 years later, I've worn them a lot and still do.   
Limited Oatmeal Boyfriend Cardigan (similar): $14 - another great neutral item for the closet.  Blogged 11 times, and surely worn quite a bit more.  

Old Navy gray tights (similar): $10 - frequently worn.  I guess I like the dark gray tights better than black sometimes.  
Old Navy Pointy-Toe Ankle Strap flats  (similar): $23 - I had my eye on these shoes for quite awhile but was hoping for a sale.  Then I went ahead and bought them and I'm so glad I did!  With 44 blog appearances, and who knows how many other times I've worn them, definitely worth the price.  They are starting to look a little rough.  I think it would be wise for me to invest in a higher quality version. 

MediumConverse Chuck Taylors (similar):  $45 - well, my old Chucks were chewed on by a friend's dog and I was anxious to replace them.  I bought these ones when I should have waited for normal ones.  These have the weird double tongue where you can fold the top one down, which I'm not going to do.  I mean, I like them and wear them a lot but I wish they were just the plain version 
Gap Leopard Loafers (similar): $25 - how do you categorize something that you really love, but hardly ever wear?  I always think I should wear these, but then feel weird when I put them on and pick a different shoe.  Maybe I'll wear them more this year?  

So yeah, Octobers are nice for shopping, I guess!  


1 comment:

  1. I can't even count how many times I've almost bought loafers like yours. I've also come close to buying the long version of your JCF coat. It just looks so cozy. Good job overall, October Andi!

    ReplyDelete