Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Elevator Etiquette



Can I just complain for a minute?  Since having a baby, I need to use elevators.  Once you actually FIND the elevator (which is generally hidden in the furthest darkest corner of whatever building you happen to be in), you have to deal with other people who are also using it.  

The number one problem I have with the other elevator patrons is that they stand with their strollers RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE DOOR.  I think they don't realize that whoever is in the elevator might need to get out, before they can get in.  And then they look annoyed when I am like "um, excuse me.. can I sneak past you there..."  This is not rocket science, you guys!  If I stay on the elevator with my stroller, you won't fit.  Just stand to the side and we can all get on with our lives much faster. 

Another common issue is that the people on the elevator are slooooooow getting off, and then the doors close before the new people can board.  Just consider holding the door when you see a pregnant lady with a baby in a stroller.  It's the nice thing to do.

And once we are all on the elevator, if you must stand in front of the buttons, maybe ask the other riders what floor they need?  It's not hard.  

Someday I will use an escalator or stairs again.  But until that day, I just request some common courtesy.  I don't think it's too much to ask.  Of course, the rude elevator patrons probably aren't reading this, are they?  

Cardigan: Loft
Tee: Target maternity
Jeans: Old Navy Maternity
Shoes: Sperry

2 comments:

  1. Cute cardigan. I so hear ya with the elevators.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain on elevator issues. The Target we go to (and we go there often, obviously) is on multiple floors, meaning that I MUST use the elevator when I have Caleb with me (which he is 99% of the time). I get so annoyed with people who ride the elevators "just because" rather than using the escalators. It makes them needlessly crowded and inhospitable to strollers. There should be a sign on the elevator that says "for those with small children or large furniture ONLY." Oy.

    ReplyDelete